Sunday, April 19, 2009

Uwharrie National Forest

Uwharrie National Forest, located in Davidson, Montgomery and Randolph counties N.C., is a 2 hour drive from the largest population centers in the State. There are 16 miles of OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) trails which are open from April 1st to December 15th. Just a $5 bill can let you enjoy the trail all day long and for $30 you can get a season pass. The OHV trails are also open to ATVs and motorcycles. The trail system is subject to a seasonal closure during the winter months in order to prevent unacceptable soil erosion and stream sedimentation. If you've made a trip to Uwharrie, or any other national forest across the USA, and have a story and pics you'd like to share please do so. I plan on visiting Uwharrie in my Jeep for the first time once I finish building it. I have gone to Uwharrie several times with my ATV, and for only $5 its a small investment for a whole lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment